1. Join the server now! - play.quantum-mc.com
  2. Come chat on Discord! - discord.gg/8EZAvcV
  3. Visit our store! - http://store.quantum-mc.com/

Pending Dev app

Discussion in 'Staff applications' started by Sekci, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Sekci

Sekci New Member

Your name (If you're uncomfortable with sharing your real name, please provide a name you are comfortable with people using to address you or use STG): Sekci

Your age: 16

Your current Minecraft username: HackOnTitan

Do you have the ability to record video without lag, and upload that video to YouTube?: Yes

What is your Country Abbreviation and Time Zone? (E.g. UK - GMT): GMT

How much time per day are you willing to assist in the moderation?:2-3 unless needed urgently then more

How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since 2012

Do you have any bans on our server? (If so, explain. If you have had a successful ban appeal, please provide a link): No

Have you been a member of another community’s staff, or have relevant work experience? If so, please describe your experience. (Be sure to include your position, server name, length of time served, and a link to the community’s website if available): Ran my own server for a bit a while back. Had admin on a bunch of random servers. Currently Dev on a server with an average of 10 players

Why do you want to be a moderator on QuantumMC?: I wanna be Dev cause I need to work on my coding and y'all need a Dev

Why do you believe you are qualified to be a moderator on the QuantumMC?: Got experience setting up a server, should be decent depending on who your host is. Im gonna be taught more Dev shit by the guy who's the head dev on my other server

How would you like to see the QuantumMC community improve?: Better anticheat, get some dope af plugins on it too.

What are 3 qualities you have that you feel you could improve?: The Anticheat, The DDoS protection, Spawn

In each scenario, assume that you are in a Moderator position. Briefly, explain to the best of your abilities how you would respond to each situation.

1. You are playing a game and you see a player whose actions seem suspiciously like hacking. However, you are not quite certain. What do you do?

Watch him for a while, don't call him out cause he'll just toggle. If possible record him to analyse in more detail i.e counting how many blocks kb they take, how far they're hitting from, their speed, if they're mining towards diamonds e.t.c. If I got a strong suspicion they're hacking i'd ask them to screenshare their Minecraft files over discord. If they refuse tempban them, If I do SS and find moded file tempban, If they admit it then they get a reduced ban,

2. A player on the forums publicly accuses you of abusing your powers. They claim to have proof and are demanding that you be fired. What do you do?

Ask for the proof. If possible present counter evidence I.e. chat logs. Request they privately message an Owner/higher member of staff,

3. Two players on the Teamspeak are verbally fighting in a public channel with 5 other people, and things are getting out of hand. What do you do?

Tell them to stop first of all. If the arguments continue then issue warns. if they go against what I say then possible mutes,

4. You are watching the newest video of your favorite Streamer / YouTuber, who happens to be a popular player on the server. Suddenly, you realize they are using a hacked client during the recording. What do you do?

The same as if I had caught their hacks through a screenshare. Would record the stream as proof of them hacking incase there is outrage over a popular player getting banned and people demand proof.

5. A player is incessantly spamming an annoying phrase over and over again. How would you handle this player?
    Tempmute for a few minutes while I private message them telling them to be quiet, once the mute is up if they continue then drop a mute for a few hours.

I, {Sekci}, accept the responsibilities by donating my own time by watching over the QuantumMC Community and agree that the abuse of my powers may result in a demotion, permanent ban from the server, and/or removal from the website. I also agree that by donating my time I am not entitled to compensation of any form nor am I to expect promotion.

2. KamEscoke

KamEscoke New Member

Probably ditching the raid tonight, just doing T5 - we cleared T6 the other 2 days, and I have my BiS items from T5 so ye...

I assume Ill be contacting you on Bell Ante in game?